Palisades Credit Union is required to follow regulations set forth by the Federal Reserve Bank. Regulation D governs the amount of reserves that a financial institution must set aside based on deposit accounts.
The following transactions can be performed from your share or money market account but are limited to a maximum of six total transactions (any combination) per account, during a calendar month due to the requirements of Regulation D.
- Online Banking Transfers
- Phone and email transfers
- Overdraft transfers from a savings to a checking account
- Pre-authorized or automatic transfers
- TAP transfers
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers
How to avoid Regulation D Fees
- Make recurring and non-recurring payments from your checking account.
- Set up transfers from your checking account to your other accounts.
- Keep a set balance in your checking account to reduce the number of overdrafts from savings.